Additional InformationTerms, Conditions & Fees
Initial meeting – no obligation 1 hour FOC. There are 2 break points in the fee structure. This allows you to determine precisely the level of involvement we have in your project. The following interior design fee structure is for residential clients.
Interior Design Fee: Varies according to room size and scope of works, and is detailed in a letter following the initial briefing meeting. The interior design fee covers the sourcing of fabrics, wallcoverings, flooring, Furnishings, acquisition of samples and initial design drawings including layout design. Presented on a concept boards. On larger projects 50% of the design fee will be due before work commences, the balance due before presentation of design.
- 3D Visuals and professional drawings – Detailed 3D visuals of room schemes can be provided if the client requires, price on request. Payment for 3D visuals required in full in advance of ordering. Working drawings required by suppliers and contractors can be commissioned after the design has been signed off. See Professional Drawings below. All drawings, plans, concept boards and designs are copyright of Chandlers Home Design
- Minor modifications to the design and revised sample boards are free of charge in the first instance but attendance at meetings after the initial design presentation is charged at an hourly rate plus disbursements, eg. travelling expenses or, a minimum half day plus travelling time and expenses as stated above. Changes to the design brief will incur costs.
Break point 1 – You may choose to implement the designs yourself at this stage.
- Subsequent Meetings – Charged by the hour inside M25 plus disbursements, eg. travel expenses. For clients outside the M25or 40 miles distance from showroom, minimum half day plus travelling time and expenses.
- Professional Drawings – When more complex work of a structural nature is called for, professional working drawings will be required, price on request. Payment for professional drawings required in full in advance of ordering.
- Building and Decorating Specifications – Once the design is approved, the client has the option to commission full building and decorating specifications for each room. These are required documents detailing the works required for quotation purposes and to guide the activities of the contractor during the project itself. A quote for this service can be provided based on the scope of works.
Break point 2 – From this point you are fully equipped to find, appoint and manage your own contractor
- Contracts and Planning – Should you prefer to use our own main contractor, CHD can offer project coordination on all projects. Our Turn Key service includes Project Management, Contract Administration and full contracting Services. These services are subject to detailed contract.
- Supply StageSupply of Materials (Residential) – Fabrics, wallpapers, furniture, accessories, floor coverings etc. are supplied at competitive prices. A detailed quotation is supplied for the client’s approval prior to the placement of any purchase orders. Delivery charges incurred are charged on to the client at cost.Supply of Materials (Commercial) – CHD charges a negotiated handling commission based on a percentage of the total cost price of the supply contract. CHD reserve the right to decide the commercial status of any potential project and proof of status will be required.
Soft Furnishings and Upholstery
CHD offers a full soft furnishing, upholstery and curtain-making service.
CHD can design unique furniture as well as bespoke joinery for kitchens, bathrooms, dressing rooms, libraries, etc. We can source furniture to your requirements.
Acquistion of Art
CHD can acquire art and antique furnishing on behalf of the client.
CHD can organise and co-ordinate specialist services including bespoke joinery and furniture-making, restoration specialist paint finishes, polished plaster.