Carpet maintenance is not something that should be done once there is a stain on it. Your carpet should be maintained to the highest standard throughout the year and not just once.
A few times a week, we recommend hoovering the carpet to gather any dust or mess. We also recommend hiring a professional carpet cleaner at least twice a year. See: Carpet Tips.
The Dos and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning:
- Do what you have to do in time. If you notice a stain has appeared, do something about it. Dab and wipe the mess. Once you have done this, apply some baking soda over it.
- Don’t rub and scrub as this can push the stain further into the carpet. It may feel like the stain needs some hard work put into it, but this can often make it worse.
- Do your homework in advance. Have a Google search about the best carpet treatments, especially for the type of material you have in your house.
- Don’t do steam carpet cleaning, when the carpet is made from natural materials. These rugs require special care. Usually, they involve dry solutions and steam method may harm them.
- Do your regular carpet maintenance. Without the proper care your carpet requires, your carpet won’t last as long as it’s meant to. Remember to vacuum and wash your carpet on the regular.
Choosing the Right Carpet Cleaning Company
With so many agencies out there, it can be difficult to choose the best one for you. This will also depend on what services you require, budget and timeframe.
Interior for Homes recommends Handy Carpet Cleaning. This company provides all clients with a 100% money back guarantee; they are also fully insured and have all the necessary training to offer high quality cleaning services.
Handy Carpet Cleaning also provides more than steam cleaning. Their pressure washing services in the Geelong area is the best choice you can make for your carpet. Call +61 420 360 720 for more information.